Interpersonal success skills course (0.5 CEUs)
286 STUDENTS ENROLLED
Researches argue that emotional intelligence and social intelligence may be better predictors of success compared to IQ alone. This session focuses on interpersonal skills needed for facilitating groups (including treatment groups for patients) or (professional groups).
Session Content is CE Pre-approved by NCTRC
TR Knowledge Areas:
- # 2. Theories of human behavior and principles of behavioral change
- # 4. Principles of group dynamics and leadership
- # 15. Psychiatric disorders and related impairments (lacking interpersonal skills)
- Identify how hormones play a role in building connections
- Identify one way to deal with people who are difficult to get along with
- Identify at least three ways to improve interpersonal skills
- Read Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Pass a written test with a score of at least a 70% of better within a one-year time-frame.
- Optional assignment:: post a comment in the member’s area on applying knowledge to recreation therapy practice