Want something convenient to use?
Try Danny Pettry’s (Rec Therapy CEUs)
Danny Petty (M.Ed., LPC., NCC, CTRS) created this special (psychology focused) bundle to provide you with an opportunity to knock out 25 clock hours of continuing education (at a discounted price).
Did you know: 37% of Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists work in Behavioral/ Mental Health settings according to the (2014) CTRS® Professional Profile [brochure] that was published by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC).
Danny Pettry argues that learning about psychology and behavioral health can help recreation therapists when providing services for other populations, including: physical rehabilitation, developmental disabilities, and geriatrics.
Courses in this bundle Include:
- Course # 1: Psychology of Success: understanding the growth mindset (0.5 CEUs)
Required reading: Carol Dweck’s (2007), Mindset: the new psychology of success
- Course # 2: Psychology 101 refresher course (0.5 CEUs)
Required reading: Psychology in minutes: 200 key concepts explained in an instant by Marcus Weeks
- Course # 3: Counseling and Recreational Therapy
Required reading: Aileen Milne’s (2010) book, Understand Counseling
- Course # 4: Using Psychology Techniques to Help People Make Personal Changes (0.5 CEUs)
Required reading: Lieberman, D. (2005) How to change anybody: proven techniques to reshape a anyone’s attitude, behavior, feelings, or beliefs
- Course # 5: Understanding and Applying William Glasser’s Choice Theory (0.5 CEUs)
Required reading: William Glasser’s Choice Theory
NOTE: the books are not included with the course. Danny Pettry recommends using the public library to get these books for free.