This session content is CE Pre-Approved by NCTRC
0.5 CEUs (five clock hours of continuing education)
b.) Identify at least one benefit for a recreation therapist to be a multiplier (for enhancing patient outcomes)
c.) Identify at least one way to become a multiplier.
- Read Liz Wiseman’s (2017) book, Multipliers, Revised and Updated: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter
- View a one-hour replay webinar book review with application to Recreational Therapy practice
- Pass a written test with a score of at least a 70% of better within a one-year time-frame.
- Optional assignment: post a comment in the member’s area on applying knowledge to recreation therapy practice.
NOTE: the books are not included with the course. Danny Pettry recommends using the public library to get these books for free.
Course Creator Qualifications:
- Danny Pettry has a M.Ed. in Mental Health Counseling (2012) and a M.S. in Recreation Therapy (2006)
- Pettry is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in a state that does not have a license for Recreational Therapists
- Pettry has been a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) since 2003 and National Certified Counselor (NCC) since 2013.
- Pettry has 15-years experience as a practitioner for a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) providing services for children and adolescents with various mental health needs
- Pettry has been speaking at professional conferences since 2005.
- Pettry has provided online training for Recreational Therapists since 2007.