- # 2. Theories of human behavior and principles of behavioral change
- # 4. Principles of group dynamics and leadership
- # 15. Psychiatric disorders and related impairments (lacking interpersonal skills)
- Identify how hormones play a role in building connections
- Identify one way to deal with people who are difficult to get along with
- Identify at least three ways to improve interpersonal skills
- Read Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Pass a written test with a score of at least a 70% of better within a one-year time-frame.
- Optional assignment:: post a comment in the member’s area on applying knowledge to recreation therapy practice
NOTE: the books are not included with the course. Danny Pettry recommends using the public library to get these books for free.
Course Creator Qualifications:
- Danny Pettry has a M.Ed. in Mental Health Counseling (2012) and a M.S. in Recreation Therapy (2006)
- Pettry is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in a state that does not have a license for Recreational Therapists
- Pettry has been a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) since 2003 and National Certified Counselor (NCC) since 2013.
- Pettry has 15-years experience as a practitioner for a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) providing services for children and adolescents with various mental health needs
- Pettry has been speaking at professional conferences since 2005.
- Pettry has provided online training for Recreational Therapists since 2007.